Perfectly combining history and culture with nature and soft adventure activities, this exploration will take you on an unforgettable trip through: Central Greece attractions at highlands!
Starting by visiting the UNESCO Worldwide Heritage site of Delphi, this exploration gives you the chance to learn more about Greek mythology and history, explore the unspoiled by mass tourism mountainous area of Evrytania, said to be one of the most beautiful and clean regions in Greece and experience at the most the Greek mainland through nature – based and cultural activities, such as horseback riding, river trekking, exploring caves and visiting traditional historic villages and monasteries.
- Duration: 6 days
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Tour Pace: Moderate
- Tour comfort: Standard
- Suitable for: All travelers
- Available: All year round
- Tour Highlights
- Trip Itinerary for Central Greece Attractions
- What is included:
- What is not included:
- Prices 2015:
- Visit the archaeological site of Delphi, the place that in ancient times was considered to be the center of the known world, the place where heaven and earth met.
- Explore Mount Parnassus National Park, the place where the Olympian gods came together
- Feel like a speleologist and hike to the renowned Korikion Antron cave, home of the ancient god Panas and the Corikian Nymphs or the Fairy Cave
- Explore some of the most beautiful and unspoiled mountains of mainland Greece, also called the “Hellenic Alps” or the “Switzerland of Greece”
- Enjoy river trekking in the spectacular “Panta Vrechi” canyon or rafting in Tavropos river
- Visit traditional small villages, untouched by time
- Visit the impressive Prousos monastery, explore the Black Cave and taste locally produced prosciutto
Trip Itinerary for Central Greece Attractions
Day 1: Athens – Delphi – Mount Parnassos
In the morning, you meet with your group and the tour leader gives you a brief introduction about our exploration. We board our mini – bus with first direction the archaeological site of Delphi, one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. We visit the Oracle of Delphi and the Museum, while our professional guide will take you on a trip through the ancient Greek history and the Greek mythology!
After lunch, you are free to explore the traditional mountainous village of Arachova, located at the foot of Mt. Parnassos.
Our overnight is a surprise in a beautiful wooden chalet in the heart of Mt. Parnassos.
Day 2: Explore Mount Parnassos National Park
After breakfast, we will explore Mount Parnassus National Park through a wide range of activities.
Choose among mountain biking, horseback riding, archery or take a trip to the earth’s core and explore mythical caves or find out step by step the bauxite mining process!
Day 3: Parnassos – Karpenisi
This morning we will depart for Karpenisi, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled mountainous areas in Greece, also known as the “Hellenic Alps” or “Switzerland of Greece”. For the coming 3 days, we will use Karpenisi as our base and we will explore the amazing region of Evritania, which offers numerous outdoor opportunities all year round.
In the afternoon, we will visit the picturesque village of Korischades and we will enjoy horse riding through pristine fir forests!
Day 4: River trekking in Panta Vrechi canyon
Are you keen on river trekking? Today we start our day at the spectacular canyon of “Panta Vrechi” that offers to its visitors impressive views of rockery scene and exclusive variety of flora*. Waterproof clothes and swimming suits are necessary since we can swim under the beautiful waterfalls!
Then we drive over Kaliakouda peak to Megalo Chorio, where you have free time to visit the village and the local shops and have lunch.
* River trekking in Panta Vrechi is available only between June – October. The rest of the year, there are other alternatives to this activity, such as canyoning through the Via Ferrata or rafting in Tavropos river.
Day 5: Prousos Monastery & the Black Cave
After breakfast, we will visit the historic Prousos Monastery, build on a steep rock, above Karpenisiotis river canyon. Then, following a narrow mountain trail we will hike to the gorge of Mavri Spilia (Black cave). The path will take us through beautiful bridges and incredible waterfalls!
At the end of our visit, we will arrive at the village of Prousos, where the local butcher shop of “Stremmenos” produces high quality cold cuts, naturally matured with no preservatives! You are free to try the “Greek” prosciutto, or the salami from the delicatessen and you can buy whatever you like from the shop.
Day 6: Return to Athens
After breakfast, we depart for Athens. We stop for coffee and lunch at the coastal town of Kammena Vourla and we arrive in Athens late afternoon.
Depending on your flight schedule, you can either head straight to the airport or spend your last night, enjoying the city’s nightlife.
What is included:
- Trails Beyond tour guide for the whole trip and local guides & activity instructors
- 5 days of accommodation in 3* traditional hotels, based on double occupancy
- All meals except breakfast on day 1, lunch on days 1, 3 & 4 and dinner on day 6
- Mini – bus rental for 6 days, fuel consumption during the whole trip and tolls
- Cost for all activities included in the tour program
What is not included:
- International airfares
- Travel insurance, mandatory
- Hotel transfers to/from airports other than Athens International Airport
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Any beverages or alcoholic drinks during meals
- Additional hotel nights that may be necessary due to airline schedule changes or other factors
- Optional activities that are not included in the day-to-day itinerary
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, and so on) and tips
For 2-4 guests: 1.260,0 €
For 5-9 guests: 1.000,0 €
For 10+ more guests: 900,0 €
* June 16th – Sept. 15th there is an extra charge of 40€/pax for the car, applicable only for group of 2 guests
*Please read carefully our General Terms & Conditions
[Note: This is a constantly open event]
(Article provided by Trails Beyond). Contact the organizers through: [email protected], Landline: +30 211 7900 603, or through their contact data below.