The island of Crete Greece, is indeed one of the most unique ones.
It serves all the kinds of things for leisure of business travelers to do.
Either it is about getting pampered in one of the sunny beaches or organize a conference in one of the excellent hotels that are spread around it.
Exploring the mountains will offer new thrills and new excitements as the feeling and experiences change as you go up.
Things go more wild but also the traveler will confront a unique type of hospitality from local people.
One, that involves some drinking and strange taste experiences along with the gallantry of these proud people. The Cretans!
The island cannot be covered in one article and is indeed a huge island to go through and for many days of vacations or simply a way to return every year.
You will not get bored of it. It is an entire topic with sub subjects by itself.
For starters we will propose a list of 12 things that you need to do when you are in Crete but there are more here.
Here it goes.
12+ things to do in Crete Greece
- Go for hiking in different areas of Mount Ida (Psiloritis). Check here and here.
- Join an urban tours company and enjoy great tours in Chania, Asteri & Amari and Moni Asteriou.
- Visit, stay and experience the nightlife of Chania. This city is unique. Especially the old town. Also, visit Elafonisi (great place/great beaches), Preveli (also great beaches) and Frangocastello (great vistas).
- Walk the numerous canyons of Crete like Samaria Gorge, Pervolakia, Pefki, Patsos, Ha and many more.
- Do Sea Kayak.
- Stay in 300 Years Old Traditional Houses.
- Drive and explore seaside villages.
- Taste tsikoudia (local drink with spirit) with water melon slices. It’s a local treat and It will “explode” and melt in your mouth. Also, tsikoudia, is accompanied with a specific variety of local peanuts.
- Do tandem paragliding, Jeep safari, cycling and all kinds of activities in nature.
- Visit Knossos and Phaistos. For the lovers of archeology and seekers of secrets and the myths of Minotaur and Ariadne.
- Visit the Aquarium. It’s something great in the island, especially for the kids.
- Do Paddle Board Yoga or any Yoga.
As I said Crete cannot be covered in just one article. More are about to come for this magnificent island.
If you care to start digging for how to go or where to stay a very helpful way can be to click here and to organize your holidays in Crete.
This company here will really help you with Urban Adventures (as their name also says so).
Explore many of our articles from Crete from here.