Do you want to go for hiking in Andros Greece? Excellent idea. Read why.
Discover Andros Greece! Enjoy the Outdoors!
The best way to explore Andros Greece… is on foot! Only in this way can you discover the beauty hidden in every little corner, hear the birds singing, breath fresh air, and go on a small journey between past & present.
So put on your hiking boots and let’s hike! Discover paths of ecological interest and meet the unique nature of the island, visit old watermills, windmills, traditional olive presses, monasteries, archeological sites, beautiful beaches and other interesting destinations, and of course get familiar with the gastronomy, music and kind inhabitants of the island!
Check this fantastic map with all routes of Andros Greece (160km of routes). The map has all hiking information. There is a 100km single path called Andros Route.
Andros is beyond doubt the perfect island for nature lovers. Plethora of springs creates an amazing scenery of green valleys and waterfalls and its mountainous nature make Andros Greece to stand out comparing to the other Cycladic Islands.
Spring is particularly beautiful here with many travelers taking guided walking tours, enjoying the scenery and discovering rare species of flowers.
The flora of the island is indeed impressive in its variety: Chestnut trees, walnut trees, sycamore, oak trees, weeping willows, poplar, mulberry, osier and olive trees, fields of thyme, crocus and sage can all be seen along the paved paths that lead you to the picturesque villages of the inland, they travel over stone bridges, meet old watermills, lead to traditional villages, picturesque monasteries, small churches typical of the Greek countryside and secluded beaches.
This island is covered by an 100 kilometer signposted network of old walking paths, which traverse the whole island, literally becoming its “backbone”.
Choose between a number of signposted paths from the “Network of Footpaths of Historical and Cultural Interest” (Cyclades Prefecture) or ask for a tailor made walking tour. These guys here really have lots of info for Andros Greece hiking routes.
The walks include narrow stoned paths, coastal, gorge and mountain terrains and range from easy, moderate or difficult and last 2 – 5 hours, so there are walks to suit all tastes. You do not need previous experience for these tours, but you do need to be in reasonably good health.
If you enjoy walking, and will be able to walk for 4-5 hours per day then these trips will be for you. Although tours are not at higher altitudes, and will have time for rest, remember that the walks will not be flat and that you’ll enjoy them even more if you’ve built up a little stamina!
Routes for Hiking Andros Greece
- Chora – Dipotamata- Korthi (or the opposite way) (Footpath No3) -Walking time 4,5 hs Distance 12 km
- Vourkoti –St.Nikolaos Monastery – Acla beach (Footpath No 6)-Walking time 4,5hr Distance 9,5km
- Ano Aprovato- Ano Pitrofos- Strabourgies- (Footpath No9 )-Walking time 4,5hrs Distance 11 km
- Arni – Profitis Ilias – Vourkoti (Footpaht No 12)-Walking time 3hrs Distance : 6,5 km
- Remata – Lefka Beach – Ateni -Walking time 5hrs Distance : 10 km
- Batsi– Katakoilos –Arni (or the opposite way) (Footpath No11)-Walking time 4hrs Distance : 9 km
- Panachrantou Monastery – Ag.Triada- Zagora (Footpaht No7)-Walking time : 3hrs Distance : 8km
- Menites – Messaria – Panachrantou Monastery – Fallika- Cave “Foros” -Walking time : 4hrs Distance 8km
- Aidonia – Korthi- Tromarchia Monastery (Footpath No4)-Walking time 4,5hrs Distance : 9km
- Apikia – Stenies- Gialia Beach (Footpath No 8)-Walking time : 2hrs Distance : 5km
- Chora – Menites (Footpaht No1)-Walking time aprx 2hrs Distance 5km
- Froussaioi Ravines-Walking time : 1hr Distance 2,5km
Choose one of the sign-posted routes or choose the path that suits you…. Contact the organizers through: +302282061368, +306937236362, or through their contact data below.
Have you ever been to Andros Greece?